Note: If you downloaded the patch within the first few hours or so and are having problems playing online or with music not working, redownload the patch.
It’s been a while since our last patch, but that doesn’t mean we haven’t been busy. The primary change in this patch is that the game is now running under the SDL2 audio and video libraries. This means that people on modern operating systems, especially Windows 8 and 8.1, should get far better framerate.
The changes in the patch are as follows:
- srb2win.exe is now running under SDL2. Should you have problems with the new version, srb2dd.exe uses the old behavior, but please report any issues you may have so we can fix them for later versions.
- Improved polyobject rendering and physics. Polyobjects can now render flats, and players will experience proper preservation of momentum when jumping onto or off of one.
- Because of the above fix, conveyor belts no longer make players rocket forward when spinning. RIP best bug ever. You will be missed. ;_;
- NiGHTS Attack now has support for replays and ghosts like Record Attack.
- Several rings embedded in the ceiling have been fixed.
- FOFs, polyobjects and the replay in ERZ3 properly synchronize in netgames.
- Analog mode works in netgames.
- Sky walls no longer draw objects located behind them in OpenGL mode.
- Portals are now properly functional, but only in software mode.
- Added a couple new linedef types.
- Fixed crash involving Lua scripts performing modulo by 0.
- FOF side textures with holes no longer bug out in the software renderer.
- Lua’s HUD library supports patch colormapping.
- Tons of little bugfixes we’ve since forgotten.