Anyone placing any bets for what version number we’ll be on until everything is stable?
This patch works for any previous version of 2.1 and includes the following changes:
- The multiplayer consistency protection code was rewritten to help netgames be more stable.
- You can now add files to your own server without kicking yourself out of the game (fixed for real this time).
- A lot of video code was rewritten to add features to both renderers.
- OpenGL now has proper transparent patch support, and can now draw both the cropped pictures in the character select menu and the small player icons used for continues.
- OpenGL should now draw the menus and HUD in their proper locations.
- OpenGL now supports skyboxes.
- OpenGL should now support MD2s better.
- Software now supports the translucent HUD option.
- Software now supports drawing any patch at any size with any translucency level and colormap. (This is mostly of interest to those doing Lua scripted HUD work.)
- Additional functions added to the HUD library for Lua scripting.
- Analog mode is now properly saved and restored after exiting the game.
- More minor bugfixes and level related fixes.