Oh, you were expecting version 2.1.13? Sorry, we decided to skip that number because of how unlucky it is. Totally. Trust us.
Anyway, folks… it’s been a wild ride, but we’ve finally reached the end of “The Year of 2.1”. We hope all of the included modding features that have been introduced with 2.1 and all of its patches will help tide you over until our next major release comes out to give you new content to play with.
This is the last planned 2.1 release. Unless a major bug is found that requires an immediate patch, the next release of the game will be version 2.2.0. Due to the number of changed files in this release, there is no patch download; the only download available is the full installer. To upgrade from a previous version, just install the new version into the same directory; your game data, save files, and the like should all remain intact.
Note: We are aware of an issue with OpenGL exhibiting odd effects in some resolutions, such as overlaying the screen on top of itself, or “ghosting”-like effects. If you encounter these issues, use the DirectDraw executable (srb2dd.exe) for playing in OpenGL mode.
- Vertical and horizontal mouse sensitivity can now be changed separately.
- Walls and sprites should now stay the same brightness in Software mode regardless of resolution.
- Fixed major rendering issues in Aerial Garden Zone and possibly other excessively large maps.
- Fixed some issues where the player could become partially embedded in walls and/or continue running against the wall as if it didn’t exist.
- Fixed crashes related to polyobject floors.
- Fixed crashes related to joining a netgame in maps containing a laser. (e.g.: Noxious Factory Zone)
- Fixed CTF flags doing stupid things for what is hopefully the last time.
- Various minor level design fixes.
- Many fixes and improvements were made to the SDL2 version of the game, as reported on the forums.